Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Updates Updates






It's been forever and a day since I last updated this thing. I suppose I had more motivation when I was blogging for class. I was recently going through some pictures I had saved on my computer and thought I would dump them into a post.


First update:

I have fallen in love with anemone flowers (see left image). As of right now my plan is to have them as the main flower for centerpeices and for my bouquet. (The bridesmaids will still have fresh cut white roses.)






I posted a few images that show a simpler centerpiece using glass vessels and single stem flowers. I'm on the hunt for vintage glass vessels or white/cream porcelain vessels. Any leads?








The boxes in these images are very similar to an old wooden flower box I found at TJ Maxx. It has three small flower boxes inside of it. I'll pull the smaller ones out and fill them with flowers, fill the larger rectangular box with flowers, and place them around the table where we'll have the seating list for the reception. It was challenging to come up with an alternative to the tradition place cards. Since we'll be outside chances are the cards will blow away. My solution was to have the seating arrangements printed on a list and framed in a rustic frame that compliments the wooden flower boxes.
Any other tips for outside place cards?





I think I mentioned this before in a previous post, but I'll say it again... :)
I want to have the pouring of sand instead of lighting the unity candles. The symbolism is similar in that the “two shall become one”. The many grains of sand symbolize the joining of many life experiences that Ryan and I will share together, forever. Plus it's a lot easier for blended families!

2 comments:

Be A Smart Homeowner - Get Involved! said...

You may want to consider using an hourglass for your sand ceremony. Not only will it look great as part of your wedding the personalized laser engraving is real special.

artdecodiamonds said...

Love the flowers... really a great choice!